Dr. Lisa Harlan, DPT, NCPT
Owner and Founder of
Are Your Neck Pain and Headaches Making It Difficult for You to Sleep, Lift Weights, Look Into Overhead Cabinets, Look Over Your Shoulder While Driving, or Perform Your Daily Tasks at Home or Work?
DOES THIS APPLY TO YOU?
We're Here to Assist You in Finding Long-Term Solutions.
WE TREAT THE FOLLOWING NECK DISORDERS:
- Joint Stiffness
- Muscle Strains and Tension
- Degenerative Disc Disease & Injuries
- Impaired Mechanics: Weakness and muscle imbalance limit the range of motion, while joint stiffness and muscle inflexibility impair posture.
- Injury is caused by a rapid load or impact on the tissue.
- Chronic compensatory methods include avoiding activity in certain muscle groups and overusing other tissues due to previous injuries or the fear of future injuries.
Core Health's Approach
- Correct cervical and thoracic (midback) posture
- Release tension in the upper neck muscles.
- Make the chest and neck muscles more flexible.
- Manipulation, manual joint mobilization, and manual traction all aid in improving joint mobility.
- Increase the strength of the muscles that flex the neck and shoulder blades.
- Massage, instrument-assisted mobilization, and cupping are all techniques that can help enhance tissue mobility.
- Nerve sensitivity (numbness, tingling, and discomfort that extends down the arm).
- Perform functional and plyometric activities (throwing, catching, pushing, pulling, and pressing).
Important Facts to Keep in Mind
Begin Right Now!
What People Say About Core Health
I love Core Health Pilates! Before trying Core Health, I was a little (a lot?) intimidated by reformer pilates, but Lisa is thoughtful and encouraging. I started visiting her to regain strength after a back injury, and now I can't imagine my routine without Core Health. Lisa meets you where you are and cheers you on as you gain continued strength--truly a game changer.
I’ve been doing Pilates for 15+ years, initially to help recovery from a back injury. I have had all sorts of instruction at many different studios and Lisa is at the top of the field. She gives precision-guided, individualized instruction with safe, healthy challenges that make sessions therapeutic, productive and fun. Highly recommended.
Lisa is the best! I am an avid runner who has suffered from chronic injuries. I have struggled to gain the strength I need to make the progress I want. Ever since I started working with Lisa I am finally making progress. She has a wealth of knowledge. As a well educated physical therapist and well trained Pilates instructor, she will make sure your form is always correct and she has the best cues to help you find the right form. I didn’t even know what Pilates was when I started and now I plan to make this a permanent part of my regime.