Dr. Lisa Harlan, DPT, PMA-CPT
Owner and Founder of
"How To Get Rid Of Back Pain And Stiffness Without Medications, Risking Surgery, Or Having To Wait To See Your Doctor!"
Don't give up your desired lifestyle because of problems that can be remedied. That is why we created this specifically for you.
A Message From Lisa Harlan, Owner & Founder Of Core Health
It’s common to believe that back discomfort is insignificant and will go away independently. It’s also typical to blame it on “awkward sleeping,” a “spasm,” or something “everyone” suffers from at some point…
There is no evident cause for it, but it does not appear to be changing!
You are not alone if this happens; we constantly hear stories like this. The most common ailment in our clinic is lower back pain and sciatica!
And when it comes to living with back pain, everyone we see is curious
“Why Is This Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still in Pain After Putting Up With It for 3-6 Months? (Sometimes Longer!)”
Most people believe that if they have back pain, it will go away on its own.
They believe that if they wake up one morning, their back pain will vanish as if by “magic”… But six months later, they still suffer from back pain, which is frequently worse than when it first began.
Does This Describe You?
Another scenario we frequently encounter in our clinic is when clients go to the doctor and are told to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes.”
However, this is rarely the best advice, and many people go back to the doctor after four weeks because things haven’t improved. Worse, they’re frequently given another prescription for harsher drugs and told to rest even more. This is absurd, and it explains why so many individuals in the United States suffer from persistent lower back discomfort.
Has Something Similar Happened to You?
What else could explain why back discomfort lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because many people have told you many different things. Many individuals are willing to offer advice, but much of it is rarely reliable.
Perhaps you believe your back pain was caused by something you did, such as lifting or sleeping awkwardly. Still, it was caused by years and years of poor posture and poor movement, which caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak, and the lifting or awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
Back pain may be very perplexing if you don’t know what you’re doing, and as a result, many people just accept it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal and ‘just the way it is.’ What else could explain why back discomfort lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because many people have told you many different things. Many individuals are willing to offer advice, but much of it is rarely reliable.
Do You Have the Same Thoughts?
If You Have Back Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You expected it to go away independently, but it didn’t.
- You went to the doctor, who advised you to relax and take pain relievers, but the drugs did little to improve your back, and once they wore off, chronic back pain returned.
- You just accepted it because a family member or acquaintance informed you that everyone suffers back pain as they age.
- You’ve already tried different Healthcare Professionals or Physical therapists, but nothing they said or did appear to help.
- You attempted YouTube workouts, which either didn’t work or worsened your back discomfort.
- You thought it would be a good idea to relax because your back pain was so awful, but it only made it feel stiffer and tighter.
- You chose to get a couple of “massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your discomfort, but all they did was make you feel good and relaxed and did nothing to help you in the long run.
If any of these things have happened to you, we’d love to help you by encouraging you to schedule a call with our low back specialist to find out what we can do to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things is a GOOD THING since knowing what doesn’t work brings you closer to discovering what does!
If you want profound guidance over the phone, book a call with us at the link below. The phone call is free, and there is no need to make appointments with us following the conversation. Our goal is to assist you in making the best decision about what to do next.
How Can I Quickly Eliminate My Back Pain?...
- First and foremost, you must decide whether or not to seek assistance: So many people procrastinate for so long, believing that back pain will ‘just go away with time,’ only to find that six months later, nothing has changed…or it has gotten worse.
- Do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things you can do to help ease your back pain is to do the proper series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain and allow you to move freely again quickly – and ensure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more, as some exercises do).
- Avoid sitting and lengthy rest periods: Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after a long rest period, only to struggle because your back is so uncomfortable and tight? That’s because resting or sitting for lengthy periods is one of the worst things you can do to aggravate back discomfort. Too much rest and sitting in odd positions causes your back to stiffen and tighten. It would be highly beneficial if you were given proper strengthening exercises for better posture and hands-on treatment to get you active and healthy as soon as feasible.
- Get actual, “hands-on” Physical Therapy: Physical therapy has been shown to aid patients suffering from low-back discomfort. It’s one of the most prevalent injuries we see at Core Health. Suppose your back pain is interfering with your job. In that case, your ability to stay active, your independence, or your ability to spend quality time with family and friends, physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
If you’d like to learn more about how the physical therapists at Core Health can help you live a pain-free life, we welcome you to click the button below and fill out the form.
So Here’s the Next Question:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Core Health Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - Within the Next Few Days?”
We can assist you in resuming your life free of the curse of persistent back pain.
If you want to know how much it costs and what appointments are available at our physical therapy facility in Atlanta, then click the button below and fill out the short form.